South by Southwest (SXSW) is a 9-day gathering of creatives in technology, business, film, music, and performing arts in Austin, Texas. The festival is famous for showcasing both cutting-edge technology and the latest in artistic vision. Speakers include business leaders, creative artists, politicians, and more, and the focus is on invention and new voices.
South by Southwest 2019 Tickets / Cost:
South by Southwest is actually 3 conferences occurring simultaneously. As a result, there are different levels of access:
- Platinum Badge - Access to all events, $1,550.00.
- Interactive Badge - Access to all Interactive events, $1,225.00.
- Film Badge - Access to all Film events, $1,225.00.
- Music Badge - Access to all Music events, $1,225.00.
There are student and group / organization discounts. Lodging and travel are not included, but a number of Austin hotels offer significant South by Southwest discounts when you register through SXSW Housing & Travel.
South by Southwest 2019 Key Information:
|Date||March 8 - 17, 2019|
|Cost||All-access Platinum Badge - $1,550.00|
|Number of keynotes & featured speakers||More than 75|
|Number of speakers||More than 200|
South by Southwest (SXSW) 2019 FAQs:
What's the South by Southwest 2019 lineup?
SXSW features hundreds of speakers, bands, films, comedians, gamers, authors, and other notables, so it's easy to fill up your nine days with events. It's up to you whether you purchase a Platinum Badge, which gives you access to all events, or you decide to focus on a track such as Interactive, Film, or Music.
Who are some of South by Southwest 2019's featured speakers?
South by Southwest features the cutting edge of thought from politics, technology, business, and the creative arts. Some of the featured speakers include:
- Nadav Aharony - Director of Product & Driver Experience, Uber.
- Brené Brown - Author & Researcher, Brené Brown Education and Research Group.
- Marsha Cooke - Senior Vice President of Content Strategy, Vice.
- Clara de Soto - Co-Founder, Reply.ai.
- Jacob Eastham - Creative Thinking Instructor, Central Intelligence Agency.
- Bobak Ferdowsi - Fault Protection Lead, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- Thomas Goetz - Chief of Research, GoodRx.
- Amelia Hall - Brand Manager, Camera Platform, Snap Inc/Snapchat.
- Dayna Isom Johnson - Trend Expert, Etsy.
- Joseph Kapp - Co-Founder, LGBT Technology Partnership.
- Kalsoom Lakhani - Founder & CEO, Invest2Innovate.
- Loni Mahanta - VP Future of Work, Lyft.
- Nate Nanzer, Commissioner Overwatch League, Blizzard Entertainment.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez - Representative, 14th District of New York.
- Lynne Parker - Assistant Director for Artificial Intelligence, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy.
- Aman Quadri - CEO, AMSYS Blockchain.
- Rico Rendon - Creator, Hood2Good.
- Portia Sabin - CEO, Kill Rock Stars.
- Ian Tracey - Software Engineer, Pinterest.
- Mikaila Ulmer - Owner & CEO, Me & the Bees Lemonade.
- Margrethe Vestager - EU Commisioner for Competition, European Commission.
- Chris Walsh - Founding Editor & Vice President, Marijuana Business Daily.
- Linda Xie - Managing Director, Scalar Capital.
- Edith Yeung - Partner, 500 Startups.
- Maxine Zhou - User Experience Designer, Alibaba Cloud.