The NGLCC, or National LGBT Chamber of Commerce, is an economic advocacy group focused on promoting LGBTBEs (LGBT Business Enterprises). They are the only third-party organization that certifies businesses as LGBT-owned, and have worked with Fortune 500 companies to build entirely LGBT owned and operated supply chains. The NGLCC is the parent organization of local NGLCC chapters.
NGLCC Global promotes LGBT rights and LGBTBE equity across five continents.
NGLCC Key Information:
|Founders||Justin Nelson & Chance Mitchell|
|Address||729 15th St. NW, Washington, DC 20005 US|
NGLCC (National LGBT Chamber of Commerce) Can Be Found At:
Recent News About NGLCC:
- May 15, 2019 - Sodexo Recognized by the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce and the National Business Inclusion Consortium on 2019 Best-of-the-Best List.
- April 3, 2019 - NGLCC, Other Chambers of Commerce Launch New Business Owner Initiative.
- February 28, 2019 - New York City Council Introduces LGBT Business Inclusion Bill in Partnership with NGLCC.
National LGBT Chamber of Commerce FAQs:
What does the NGLCC do?
The NGLCC was founded upon the fact that the 1.4 million LGBT entrepreneurs and their businesses are an economic powerhouse; GLBTBEs annually contribute $1.7 trillion to the overall economy and should be recognized, respected, and sought out as vendors. In addition, the NGLCC wanted to demonstrate that being out wasn't an economic liability, but an asset. Within two years of its genesis the NGLCC developed a diversity certification program for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transexual-owned businesses.
The members of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce also work diligently to build partnerships with major companies and promote their efforts to maintain a diverse workforce while developing LGBT-owned supply chains. Local chambers help LGBT businesspeople network, increase their business, and grow relationships within their communities.
How do I join a local NGLCC chamber?
Visit the NGLCC.org Affiliate Chamber page to find a chamber in your area.
How do I get NGLCC certification for my business?
First, make sure your business meets the following criteria:
- Majority (at least 51%) LGBT owned.
- Owned by either U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.
- Is independent from any non-LGBT owned enterprise.
- Is headquartered in the U.S.
- Is a legal entity in the U.S.
If your company fits, visit the NGLCC certification page and start the process!
Where and when is the 2019 NGLCC International Business & Leadership Conference?
The 2019 NCLCC Conference will be held in Tampa, Florida and runs from August 13 - 16, 2019.
Where and when is the 2019 NGLCC National Dinner?
The 2019 NGLCC National Dinner will be held in Washington, D.C. and it tentatively scheduled for November 22, 2019.