Launchpad LA is a Los Angeles-based seed fund and startup accelerator with more than 60 companies in its portfolio. They host startups at their Santa Monica headquarters for the duration of the acceleration program, and invest $20 thousand to $100 thousand in companies they've accepted. They've currently suspended their accelerator program to focus on further developing portfolio companies.
Launchpad LA Key Information:
|Founded by||Adam Lilling, Mark Suster, and Sam Teller|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
|Address||1520 2nd St., Santa Monica, CA 90401 US|
Launchpad LA Can Be Found At:
Recent News About Launchpad LA:
- September 12, 2018 - Featured Startup Pitch: ChowNow Is an Online Ordering, Management and Marketing Platform with a Mobile and Facebook Focus.
- November 2, 2016 - Spotify Acquires Preact to Fuel its Subscription Business.
Launchpad LA FAQs:
Is Launchpad LA closed?
Launchpad LA is currently not making new investments in order to spend time further developing their more than 60 portfolio companies. Whether they'll reopen their accelerator program is an open question. You can submit your email on their website to be sent news and updates.
Who are some of Launchpad LA's portfolio companies?
Launchpad LA has invested in and grown several startups, including the following:
- ChowNow - an online ordering app for restaurants.
- JobSync - a user-friendly interface for applicant tracking systems.
- Divshot - an interface building for HTML5 web apps that combines drag and drop functionality with the polish of hand coding.
- Atlas - a mobile scheduling app that lets you schedule with anyone across any calendar.
- Panna - an online cooking school with virtual courses and video recipes.
At what stage does Launchpad LA take on startups?
Launchpad LA will consider companies showing a wide range of growth, or as they say "...companies that have more than a PowerPoint and less than a Series A." They've worked with teams who have created a great product but have no funding as well as with teams who've raised $1 million but need help with product development and the next round of funding.