EMyth is a small business coaching company whose principles led to the publication of the bestselling book "The E-Myth." The EMyth philosophy is centered around the idea that people who start businesses don't often know how to properly run businesses, and thus need coaches to help them understand what to prioritize for long-term growth.
EMyth Key Information:
|Number of employees||11 - 50|
|Phone||1 (541) 552-4600|
|Address||139 East Main Street, Ashland, Oregon 97520, US|
EMyth Can Be Found At:
E-Myth Books by Michael E. Gerber:
- "The E-Myth: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It."
- "The E-Myth Revisited."
- "Beyond the E-Myth: The Evolution of an Enterprise."
- "E-Myth Mastery."
- "The E-Myth Enterprise: How to Turn a Great Idea into a Thriving Business."
- "The E-Myth Manager."
What is the E-Myth?
The E-Myth, or Entrepreneurial Myth, has two main assumptions:
- It's not true that most people who start businesses are entrepreneurs.
- It's a fatal assumption that an individual who understands technical work can run a business doing that technical work.
The book was created using principles developed during EMyth's years of business coaching services for small businesses. The EMyth coaching system is designed to help business owners overcome these challenges and become growth-oriented entrepreneurs.
How do EMyth business coaching services work?
When you sign up with EMyth you'll be matched with an EMyth-certified Coach who will help you lay out your goals for your business while identifying roadblocks that are keeping you from succeeding. You and your coach will develop a 3-year vision that provides a clear plan as to where you want your business to be at the end of that period. Your coach, with monthly calls, will keep you accountable for meeting goals to ensure your success in the program.
How much does EMyth business coaching cost?
There are two tiers of pricing for EMyth coaching services:
- Coaching - $1,500.00 per month. You're partnered with the EMyth-certified coach best suited for your business with whom you'll have 2 video or phone meetings per month plus more support via email. You also develop a three-year plan, and have access to all of EMyth's processes and tools.
- Executive Coaching - $3,000.00 per month. You and up to four members of your team work with an EMyth Executive Coach for 4.5 hours per month to build a solid management structure in your organization. You'll get a customized path in the EMyth Coaching Hub in which you and your team will collaborate, and you're provided access to all of EMyth's development tools.
Does EMyth offer any free tools or advice?
Every relationship with EMyth begins with a free coaching session so you can learn what to expect and what will be expected of you. Those sessions typically lead to a paid relationship, but it's a solid, no-stress way to understand what you'll be paying for if you decide to continue.
In addition, the EMyth site offers a lot of free resources, including the EMyth podcast, the blog, and downloadable tools and templates. For the latter you need to provide contact information, including your phone number, so be forewarned that you're likely to get a sales call.
How can I become an EMyth Business Coach?
Becoming an EMyth coach begins with a phone call, which is the first step to finding out whether it's a good fit. If you continue, you go through training, which begins with a 3 1/2 day immersion that gives you an in-depth perspective about EMyth and what it takes to be a coach. Immersion provides an overview of the system and is an opportunity for you to decide whether you really want to take on business coaching as a career. Following immersion there's 12 weeks of workshop-based training in how to use the EMyth Perspective, including role-playing with your peers. Then you begin building your practice.
The training is designed to help you develop skills that will give often-frustrated or perplexed business owners actionable solutions or, as EMyth puts it, turn technicians into entrepreneurs.