Dreamit Ventures is a venture fund and startup accelerator with offices in New York City and Philadelphia. Their 14-week hybrid accelerator program is conducted both virtually and in-person and is open to startups that have early revenue and/or pilots and at least 6 months of runway. Dreamit focuses on startups in healthtech, urbantech, and securetech.
Dreamit Ventures Key Information:
|Founded by||David Bookspan, Michael Levinson, and Steve Welch|
|Headquarters||New York, New York|
|Primary address||33 Irving Place, Floor 10, New York, NY 10003 US|
|Secondary address||3401 Market Street, Suite 201, Philadelphia, PA 19104 US|
Dreamit Ventures Can Be Found At:
Recent News About Dreamit Ventures:
- February 4, 2019 - Dreamit Had Three Big Exits Last Year. Take a Look Inside Its Playbook.
- September 14, 2018 - Tampa Bay Companies Will Get an Early Look at Innovation from Dreamit Ventures Startups.
- September 7, 2018 - Meet the 7 Startups in Dreamit HealthTech’s New Cohort.
Dreamit Ventures FAQs:
How much does Dreamit invest in companies in their accelerator program?
Since Dreamit works with startups who have grown more than required by most accelerator programs, they're focused on building their companies' entreprise-level customer base. Toward that end, they expect companies to have sufficient capital to operate while involved in the 14-week program or to reach their next round of funding.
Dreamit asks its startups for either the right to invest up to $500 thousand at a 20% discount in their next round of funding, or to accept a $50 thousand convertible security to cover the program's costs.
What type of startups does Dreamit invest in?
Dreamit's accelerator accepts software and hardware companies from three verticals:
- HealthTech - digital health, diagnostic, and medical devices.
- SecureTech - physical, social, and logical security/cybersecurity.
- UrbanTech - smart city, real estate tech, and construction tech.
How much time do I have to spend in-person for the Dreamit accelerator program?
During the 14-week program there are 5 weeks during which you are required to be physically present: the Dreamit Kickoff (1 week), the Customer Sprint (2 weeks traveling), and the Investor Sprint (2 weeks traveling). If you can't devote that much time to travel, you're allowed to defer 1 week of the Customer Sprint and the Investor Sprint for up to one year.
What companies has Dreamit worked with?
Almost 300 companies have gone through Dreamit's accelerator; those companies now hold a combined value of more than $2 billion. Here are a few from each vertical:
- Redox - a streamlined method for vendors and providers to share healthcare information.
- iQuartic - simplifies the risk coding process for health systems.
- Sana Health - a wearable device that reduces the perception of pain by increasing neuroplasticity.
- iDevelop.City - allows developers to maximize the value of any lot by running unlimited "what if" building scenarios.
- Snappt - a mobile-friendly rental application and leasing platform for landlords.
- Kognition - combines security camera and sensor coverage to prevent unauthorized access to secure worksites.
- Cybri - an exclusive marketplace providing access to vetted cybersecurity experts on demand.
- Graphus - automated protection against social engineering attacks.
- SignPass - an elegant solution that replaces passwords with users' handwriting.