The Cannabis World Congress & Business Expo is a convention for cannabis and cannabis-related entrepreneurs of all types. Leaders from the hemp industry, medical marijuana services, and recreational marijuana business are all represented in the roster of speakers and expo companies. The World Congress is held 3 times a year in New York, Los Angeles, and Boston.
There are many levels of pricing depending on which parts of the conference you'd like to attend - seminar, expo, and workshop passes are sold separately by how many days you'd like to attend.
Currently only ticket prices for the New York conference are available, and the basic Super Saver Professional Pass early bird price is $275.00 for three days, which includes seminars, expo access, the keynote, and industry party but does not include workshops.
Date - New York
May 29 - June 1, 2019
Date - Los Angeles
September 25 - 28, 2019
Date - Boston
October 23 - 26, 2019
The burgeoning U.S. cannabusiness ecosystem includes growers, dispensary owners, members of the hemp industry, cannabis business service providers, creators of cannabis-related products, medical professionals, and more, all of whom will be represented at the Cannabis World Congress. The roster of speakers also includes lawmakers and nonprofit founders.
As the number of states that legalize marijuana for medical and/or recreational use grows, the more businesses will spring up to fill niches within the industry. Cannabis entrepreneurs have to be sure they're well aware of and compliant with all applicable laws and taxes, which has led to the emergence of lawyers and CPAs who specialize in marijuana law. As with any new industry, there's a lot of gray area, which the Cannabis World Congress is working to diminish.
Currently the New York Congress schedule is the only one available, and it features workshops, speaker sessions, and panel discussions that cover all aspects of the cannabis industry, where it stands now and where it's likely to be in the future. Here are a few of the planned sessions:
- "Hemp: The Dawning of a New Day in the USA."
- "Cannabis Funds and Venture Capital: What You Need to Know."
- "The Cannabis Landscape, Deconstructed for the Seasoned Investor."
- "Hemp Processing: From Start to Finish."
- "Cannabis Industry Fundamentals: Market Size, Growth, Category, Product and Consumer Trends."
- "Autism: Perspectives, Passion and Progress."
If you're not already involved in some aspect of the cannabis industry, the World Congress & Expo presents a unique opportunity to learn about a rapidly-growing industry in its early stages. With more states legalizing medical marijuana and either legalizing or decriminalizing recreational marijuana, who knows what the industry will look like 5 years from now?
It's the perfect time to consider whether you want to take part in what could eventually grow to a multi-billion dollar industry.
Cannabis World Congress speakers represent all aspects of the cannabis industry, from regulators to merchandisers. Here are some of the scheduled speakers for the New York event (you can find the full list here):
- Alex Bernabe - Assistant Counsel to the Governor for Health, New York State Executive Chamber.
- Dr. Carlyn Butler Ph.D. - Associate Professor of Practice, Cornell University.
- Dr. Chanda Macias - Owner and CEO, National Holistic Healing Center Medical Marijuana Dispensary.
- Christian Hageseth - CEO, ONE Cannabis Group.
- Dan Marshall - CEO & Founder, MFive Consulting.
- Diane Savino - New York State Senator.