The Bloomberg Global Business Forum is a yearly gathering of the best and most prominent minds in business and politics who discuss pressing issues that face the world as a whole. Topics include climate change, wealth inequality, and nationalism, and what the world's economic and political leaders can do to promote business while improving quality of life for all of us.
Bloomberg Global Business Forum 2019 Key Information:
|Date||September 25, 2019|
|Location||New York, New York|
Bloomberg Global Business Forum Can Be Found At:
Recent News About the Bloomberg Global Business Forum:
- September 26, 2018 - Mike Bloomberg Closes Out the 2018 Bloomberg Global Business Forum (Video).
- September 26 2018 - Second Annual Bloomberg Global Business Forum Concludes with Government and Business Leaders Working Together to Promote Global Trade and Investment.
- September 26, 2018 - Bloomberg Global Business Forum Event Wrap-Up.
Bloomberg Global Business Forum FAQs:
Who attends the Bloomberg Global Business Forum?
Political leaders and the top CEOs from around the world, i.e., people who have the power to work together and make a difference both for business and for the everyday lives of citizens. Attendance is, as one might imagine, by invitation only. The leaders in that room can affect policy and effect real change for millions of people.
What is the Bloomberg Global Business Forum's agenda?
The 2018 Forum's agenda included a keynote speech by Teresa May, the Prime Minister and MP of Great Britain, along with several sessions covering the global economy, technology as a driver of change, the impact young people have on the economy, how large demographic shifts will impact jobs and trade, and the growing Euro-Asia alliance.
There were also several invitation-only breakout sessions and private roundtables covering the intersection of business and politics.
Who has spoken at the Bloomberg Global Business Forum?
The 2018 Bloomberg Global Business Forum featured world leaders and high-level corporate CEOs. The roster of speakers included the following:
- The Right Honorable Jacinda Ardern - Prime Minister & MP, New Zealand.
- Ajay Banga - President and CEO, Mastercard.
- Mark Carney - Governor, Bank of England.
- Mary Callahan Erdoes - CEO, J.P. Morgan Asset and Wealth Management.
- Josh Giegel - Co-founder and CTO, Virgin Hyperloop One.
- Honorable William J. Clinton - 42nd President of the United States.
- Christine Lagarde - Managing Director, International Monetary Fund.
- Tidjane Thiam - CEO, Credit Suisse.
How can I see what's happened at the Bloomberg Global Business Forum?
The Global Business Forum site features several videos of past speakers and panel discussions. 2017's videos include an introduction by LeBron James and an impactful speech about moving beyond manufacturing for growth by Alibaba Group Co-Founder and Executive Chairman Jack Ma.
The Bloomberg Global Business Forum 2018's videos include a discussion about global trade between Bill Clinton and the leaders of Columbia, Norway, and South Africa, and a conversation on technology and its role in global growth between Baidu CEO Robin Li and the International Monetary Fund's Christine Lagarde.
What is the purpose of the Bloomberg Global Business Forum?
The central purpose for this forum is to include business leaders in the conversations regarding policy, to "give them a seat at the table," the idea being that business can effect change as or more quickly than politics, can be part of the driving force behind global change. The Bloomberg Global Business Forum 2018 was the largest gathering of world leaders outside of a political summit - 70 world leaders attended, along with more than 200 of the world's top CEOs.